With the decline in the number of loyal customers and the explosion in the consumption of data, Customer Service Providers are under tremendous pressure to offer personalized services that suit the need of each customer to attract new customers and retain the customers.
Market dynamics force CSPs to deploy integrated policy and charging solutions to increase revenue and offer a better user experience. They also provide better control over networks and flexibility to subscribers and provide a personalized offering for a wide spectrum of consumption patterns.
What is STL Digital Policy Control and Charging (dPCC) Solution?
STL dPCC is a cloud-native integrated Policy Control and Charging solution that offers CSPs policy enforcement and convergent charging capability in real-time and provides highly flexible monetization capability. It helps the operators to provide on-demand services, promotions, and real-time upgrades in a quick time. It supports auto-scaling, zero-touch upgrades, and self-healing capabilities. It supports edge-based deployments, which enable CSPs to get ready for 5G requirements. It reduces the network load and optimizes resource utilization while improving response time.
Advantages of dPCC
- Enhanced Customer Satisfaction: It helps provide on-demand services and provides real-time rating and charging, and loyalty bonuses.
- Network Cost Optimization: It helps in reducing the network cost through the Dynamic Bandwidth throttling.
- TCO Reduction: It reduces the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and reduces the Time to Market.
- Innovative Monetization: It helps the operators charge the customers as per their consumption, thus helping them implement Charging as a Service (ChaaS).
- Stronger Customer Acquisition: It helps the operators come up with disruptive plans relevant to new-age digital service, which helps acquire more customers.
- Rating & Charging based Quota Profile: The Rating and Charging based quota profile contains information on subscribers’ profiles. Real-time online charging is also added to policy control in a single box.
- Onsite Creation Capability: At multiple places, the dPCC platform provides hooks using which an onsite team can inject customization scripts to meet the business needs.
- Dynamic Service Re-authorisation On-Demand: A successful service delivery requires an integrated framework that has capabilities to dynamically reflect the plans and shorten the delays from purchase to activation of the new plan, which is necessary to lower the customer churn.
- Usage Metering: The platform offers usage metering for major policy decisions based on subscriber usage. Server providers can launch the plans based on the level of counters that can be metered on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Single Sign-On: PCC provides a Single Sign-On feature via out-of-the-box integration with KeyCloak, allowing Single Sign-On with Identity Management and Access management.
- Online Charging System: It enables seamless convergence of Prepaid-Postpaid plans, networks, services, and integration with an array of next-gen networks to monetize use cases
Competitive Advantage of dPCC
- Infrastructure as a Code (IaC): dPCC employs IaC in addition to cloud computing to manage the infrastructure using configuration files. This helps achieve speed, consistency, scalability, cost savings, reliability, and accountability for Infra management by CSPs.
- Cloud-Native: This is built for the cloud, which is engineered for speed, scalability, and service availability. It comes with ready plugins for Kafka Integration and Data Analytics and Campaign Platforms. It is available in multiple cloud vendors, and it is proven for edge architecture.
- Charging as a Service (ChaaS): Charging as a Service acts as a driving force for platforms by opening new monetization avenues for CSPs. It allows the providers to charge any digital services provided by non-telco verticals.
- Edge Policy and Charging: dPCC supports Edge architecture to deliver ultra-low latencies expected in 5G compared to traditional centralized data center-based deployments. STL’s dPCC can further reduce subscriber provisioning traffic by up to 50% by leveraging an active distributed in-memory database and online charging on edge.
Evolution from 4G to 5G – STL is here!
STL dPCC solution provides a clear path for 4G to 5G evolution and is aligned with the industry evolution from non-standalone to standalone architecture. It is pre-integrated with dAAA, DRA, and Intellza, and hence the solution can be deployed in different modes depending on the needs of the CSPs