STL [NSE: STLTECH], one of the industry’s-leading integrators of digital networks, today launched the Gram Galaxy solution at IMC 2022 to accelerate last-mile rural connectivity and village digitalisation.
India aims to fiberise all 6,25,000 villages. But ~60% of the rural population is still unconnected. Key challenges like sheer scale (50Mn fKm), rugged terrains, network economics and deployment speed (~4X increase) must be addressed. STL has 30 years of optical expertise and execution capabilities for large-scale projects. With its purpose of transforming billions of lives, the company has now developed Gram Galaxy – an India-focused solution that will solve these challenges.
STL’s Gram Galaxy includes:
- National long-distance network design – Uses open-source data with AI and GIS databases that enable first-time-right design and detailed Bill of Materials
- A comprehensive optical cable suite:
- Weather-resistant aerial cables – Long span all-weather cable to connect rugged terrains
- Outdoor distribution retractable cable and accessories – This cable can be direct-buried, aerially deployed, or installed along facades and walls in rough terrains, offering significant time and CapEx savings
- Indoor/outdoor last mile connectivity cable – A universal cable for Wi-Fi hot-spots, home broadband and 4G/5G micro-sites
- Fibre Automation Services – Brings automations like robotic trenching, 360o photogrammetry, and GIS database visualisation to increase deployment speed and network lifetime
- Skilled talent pool – STL Academy is focused on creating a skilled talent pool for technologies like 5G, fibre blowing, cable preparation, and splicing. It has trained more than 1,00,000 professionals on 5G and ~600 BSF personnel on fibre splicing
- An application ecosystem Digital Cafe – to enable internet use cases such as e-health, e-education, digital payments, smart surveillance
Ankit Agarwal, Managing Director, STL, comments:
“We are very proud to have developed a solution which will take India on the path of becoming a digital economy. Gram Galaxy will enable faster, and highly scalable rural network buildouts. We look forward to engaging with the government and telcos to implement this solution on the ground.”
About STL – Sterlite Technologies Ltd:
STL is an industry-leading integrator of digital networks that helps telcos, cloud companies, citizen networks and large enterprises deliver enhanced experiences to their customers. Read more, Contact us.
stl.tech |Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube