-Highest ever quarterly revenue at Rs 744 crore, up 23% YoY
-PAT up 61% YoY; EBITDA up 32% YoY
-Highest ever order book of Rs 3,140 crore
-Highest ever quarterly export sales of Rs 320 crore; exports at 43% of revenues
Sterlite Tech [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], an end-to-end global technology leader in smarter digital networks, today reported financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2017, with its highest ever quarterly revenues driven by strong order book and export sales. The Company reported the highest ever quarterly export sales of Rs 320 crore and highest order book of Rs 3,140 crore at the end of this quarter.
Sterlite Tech focuses on designing, building and managing smarter networks for four key customer segments – Global Service Providers, Smart Cities, Rural Broadband and Large Enterprises – partnering with them to succeed through its unique silicon-to-software capabilities.
With positive shifts in technology, national policies and consumption patterns for the creation of smarter broadband infrastructure, this quarter saw optical fibre demand showing a consistent upward trend in the global markets. This reflected with healthy increase in exports at 43% of revenues. In line with global demand trends, Sterlite Tech is on track to achieve its 30 million fkm expansion by middle of this financial year. The Company is now embarking on its next leg of capacity expansion to 50 million fkm, to be completed by June 2019. This will place Sterlite Tech in the league of top three integrated fibre manufacturers in the world. The Company is planning to bring this new capacity in phases, over the next three years.
Financial Highlights for Q1FY’18 (Consolidated – All figures are in Ind AS & Rs crore)
- Quarterly revenues at Rs 744 crore, up 23% vs Rs 603 crore YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 162 crore, up 32% vs Rs 122 crore YoY
- Profit After Tax at Rs 61 crore, up 61% vs Rs 38 crore YoY
- ROCE of the business in Q1FY’18 at 26%
|Revenue||Rs 603 cr||Rs 744 cr||23%|
|EBITDA||Rs 122 cr||Rs 162 cr||32%|
|PAT||Rs 38 cr||Rs 61 cr||61%|
Elaborating on the performance, Dr Anand Agarwal, CEO, Sterlite Tech, said, “Our strategy to design, build and manage broadband networks is augmenting well in the domestic and international markets leading to organic growth. With our unique silicon-to-software capabilities, we are able to address the requirements of web-scale networks for all new transformational technologies such as Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IOT), M2M and Augmented Reality (AR). As the world moves toward the next phase of digital evolution through global governments’ focus on the creation of Gigabit societies, smart cities and rural broadband, we will continue to see sustained long-term growth with our unique IOT integration capabilities.”
Sharing on the Company’s growth dynamics, Pravin Agarwal, Vice Chairman, Sterlite Tech, said, “Over 150 countries have announced national and rural broadband plans, with India among the forefront with Digital India, BharatNet and Smart Cities. With smarter broadband networks being the key to the realisation of this vision, we will continue to impact everyday living experiences through our smarter network capacities and capabilities.”
Business and Operational Highlights for Q1FY’18
- Sterlite Tech won an order to design, build and manage Kakinada Smart City as the Master System Integrator of the project. With this, the Company has brought many technology firsts to India in terms of horizontal IOT platform, LoRa based city-wide wireless sensor network and disaster management system.
- With the grant of new US patents, current patent portfolio stands at 155.
- Sterlite Tech commercially launched smarter technologies – FTTX Smarter Network Kit, Indicium Lite Cable, Atlas Lite Cable and Olympus Lite Cable, globally.
- Sterlite Tech Software Division won an order to enable a leading global Operator with Wi- Fi SMP and VoIP solutions to launch Wi-Fi access and Voice over IP services.
- Sterlite Tech expanded its leadership team with the appointment of Nischal Gupta as Chief Transformation Officer to establish and lead the Company’s digital transformation, Sanjeev Bedekar as the Chief Delivery Officer, Telecom Services to drive the System Integration business, and Anshoo Gaur as a Strategic Advisor to scale the Software business. The Company also strengthened its global leadership team with the appointment of Steve Bullock to drive growth in North America and Richard Eichhorn to strengthen presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Sterlite Tech’s optical fibre business was honoured with “CII Award for Customer Obsession – 2016”, for active customer engagement.
- Sterlite Tech Software Division received the “Jury Excellence Award” at the Smart City India Expo 2017 for the successful deployment of the first Smart City Services in India for Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation.
- Sterlite Tech was awarded the United Nations Global Compact Network Certificate of Merit. The Company is now amongst the only 10 Indian companies recognised by the UNGCN – India, for its best practices in advancing sustainable development goals.
- The Company’s Jeewan Jyoti initiative won the “CSR Project of the Year” title under the Women Empowerment category at the CSR Excellence Awards.
About Sterlite Technologies:
Sterlite Technologies Ltd [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], is a global technology leader that designs, builds and manages smarter digital networks. Sterlite Tech engages in six continents and more than 100 countries, with a digital networks focused business panning across products, services and software – optical communication products, network & system integration services and OSS/BSS software solutions. The Company has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in India, China & Brazil, and aims to transform everyday living by delivering smarter networks. With a strong portfolio of over 155 patents, Sterlite Tech is home to India’s only Centre of Excellence for broadband research. Projects undertaken by the company include intrusion-proof smarter data network for the Armed Forces, rural broadband for BharatNet, Smart Cities’ development, and establishing high-speed Fibre-to-the Home (FTTH) networks.
For more details, visit www.sterlitetech.com
Forward-looking and cautionary statements: Certain words and statements in this release concerning Sterlite Technologies Limited and its prospects, and other statements relating to Sterlite Technologies’ expected financial position, business strategy, the future development of Sterlite Technologies’ operations and the general economy in India, are forward-looking statements. Such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause actual results, performance or achievements of Sterlite Technologies Limited, or industry results, to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on numerous assumptions regarding Sterlite Technologies’ present, future business strategies, and the environment in which Sterlite Technologies Limited will operate in the future. The important factors that could cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from such forward-looking statements include, among others, changes in Government policies or regulations of India and, in particular, changes relating to the administration of Sterlite Technologies’ industry, and changes in general economic, business and credit conditions in India. Additional factors that could cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from such forward-looking statements, many of which are not in Sterlite Technologies’ control, include, but are not limited to, those risk factors discussed in Sterlite Technologies’ various filings with the National Stock Exchange, India and the Bombay Stock Exchange, India. These filings are available at www.nseindia.com and www.bseindia.com.