This case study enumerates how STL designed and deployed hybrid connectivity infrastructure ranging from 120 Km of intra-city fibre connectivity coupled with GSM connectivity. With its expertise in converged networks, this MPLS network not only connects various applications to the CCC but also makes the internet widely accessible. The most advanced Command and Control Centre provides 360° situational awareness and action mobilization for the city. Applying design thinking to each layer of the network, STL also created an end-to-end safetyecosystem, which will make the city safer and enable seamless action on real-time information.
Challenges Faced and Mitigated
- Designing and creating a massive IoT ecosystem from scratch
- Area-based development plan (retrofitting)
- Vast scope spanning connectivity, civic infrastructure, and centralised controls
- Lack of high-speed backbone to support smart city applications
- Traffic safety concerns
- Lack of public safety mechanism