– LEAD 360° 2.0 combines the potential of cutting-edge service engineering and highly orchestrated fibre roll-outs to deliver smart networks of tomorrow.
– Experience next-gen technologies like drone-led surveys, AI bots and robotic cable blowing for hyper scale network design and deployment at the STL booth in IMC 2019.
STL [BSE: 532374, NSE: STRTECH], a global data networks company, unveiled its second generation of Hyperscale Network Modernisation solution – LEAD 360° 2.0 at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019. The first version LEAD 360° was launched at IMC 2018. LEAD 360° 2.0 comes with special features like robotics cable blowing and AI bots and further accelerates the deployment of smarter networks of tomorrow.
As networks go ubiquitous, and 5G and Fiber to the Home (FTTH) densify access, there is an urgent need for deeply fiberized networks. Realising this potential of seamless large scale fibre roll-out projects, STL launched LEAD 360° in 2018 to mitigate network deployment challenges, such as multiple approvals, sub-optimal surveys, unskilled manpower and manual planning and operations.
Powered with the 3 force multipliers of Technology, Transformation and End-to-End thinking, LEAD 360° 2.0 combines the potential of cutting-edge service engineering and highly orchestrated fibre roll-outs. With capabilities across the network stack, LEAD 360° 2.0 is industry’s first technology-led, intelligent method for fibre roll-outs. LEAD 360° 2.0 will go a long way in making data networks future ready.
Unveiling the solution, Randeep Sekhon, CTO Airtel, said, “5G implementation in India needs to be done very efficiently with good fibre roll-out practices. I am encouraged to see that you are bringing Indian Innovation through analytics and training with LEAD 360° 2.0”.
“IMC is a great platform to showcase our data network solutions and we are delighted to partner with them again this year”, said KS Rao, CEO- Network Services, STL. Commenting on the launch, he said, “STL has been a pioneer when it comes to introducing the latest technologies in fibre networks. As India moves towards unprecedented fiberisation, we will continue to build exciting and innovative products for supporting the goal of making ‘Digital India’.”
By introducing LEAD 360° 2.0 approach, STL envisions to change the fibre game in India. This 5-pronged approach will ensure speedy and efficient roll outs, and greatly benefit telcos and citizen networks.
- Lean agile approach for RoW approvals that leverages smart collaboration for accelerating project kick-off
- Everything Survey helps to navigate and deliver planned excellence powered with drones, light detection and ranging (LIDAR) method and 360-degree photogrammetry
- Followed by Academy training that focuses on 360-degree training, skilling in deployment and charge up people with AR/VR modules.
- Design-led planning that ensures the execution of work takes place as planned on ground
- Lastly, with 360° robust operations that leverage technology in the form of robotics, machine learning and tool-based project tracking to deliver stage wise excellence.
This year, IMC has focussed on the new and emerging technologies such as 5G, AI, Blockchain and Smart Cities, serving as a platform to promote innovation in the technology and telecom industry. The three-day event is set to witness more than 300 exhibitors, 40 participating countries, 5000 delegates and 250 industry leaders speaking at various panels bringing forward the best of innovation, technology, practices across the world. The theme for IMC 2019 – ‘IMAGINE: A New CONNECTED World. Intelligent. Immersive. Inventive’ is aligned with STL’s mission. STL’s data network solutions are designed to suit all the future requirements of 5G, Internet of Things (IoT) applications and FTTH.
About Sterlite Technologies Ltd – STL
STL is a global leader in end-to-end data network solutions.
We design and deploy high-capacity converged fibre and wireless networks. With expertise ranging from optical fibre and cables, hyper-scale network design, and deployment and network software, we are the industry’s leading integrated solutions provider for global data networks. We partner with global telecom companies, cloud companies, citizen networks and large enterprises to design, build and manage such cloud-native software-defined networks.
STL has innovation at its core. With intense focus on end-to-end network solutions development, we conduct fundamental research in next-generation network applications at our Centres of Excellence. STL has strong global presence with next-gen optical preform, fibre and cable manufacturing facilities in India, Italy, China and Brazil, along with two software-development centres across India and one datacentre design facility in the UK.